A connected fintech ecoystem
Fintech is a priority sector in Scotland, driven by efficient collaboration between business, academia and industry bodies.
Organisations supporting fintech in Scotland include:
- The Data Lab, an innovation centre helping companies make better use of data with three hubs across the country
- CodeClan offers intensive software development courses with 150 graduates finding tech roles in the last 18 months
- FinTech Scotland brings together universities, start-ups, large firms, investors, the public sector and more to energise Scotland's fintech landscape
- Scottish Financial Enterprise, the representative body for the financial services industry
Scotland has five universities ranked in the world's top 200, attracting the UK's highest proportion of international students and producing over 10,000 graduates each year in mathematics, computer science and engineering & tech.
Our universities are home to leading experts and innovative research in a number of key areas, including:
- Cyber security
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning