Immigration and visas

Find information about different visa options if you want to relocate to or invest in Scotland.

Business visas in Scotland

If you’re a business or individual who wants to relocate to or invest in Scotland, you’ll need to consider different types of visa and immigration requirements.

Sole representatives

Business based outside Scotland? You can send an employee over long-term to set up business and establish a commercial presence for your company in Scotland.

Standard Visitor Visa

As a business or investor in Scotland, you can obtain a short-term Standard Visitor Visa for business purposes.

Start-up visa

For high-potential entrepreneurs looking to start up a business in Scotland for the first time. You’ll need endorsement from an approved endorsing body.

Innovator visa

For more experienced business people looking to establish a business in Scotland. You’ll need endorsement from an approved endorsing body and at least £50,000 in investment funds.

Tier 1 Investor Visa

Non-EEA or Swiss citizen? Consider a Tier 1 Investor Visa if you’re investing at least £2 million in UK government bonds, share capital or loan capital.

Sponsorship and recruitment

Information about sponsoring and recruiting non-EU nationals to work for you in Scotland.

Global Talent Visa

This visa is for those who are a recognised leader (exceptional talent), an emerging leader (exceptional promise) or under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option. 

If you have any questions or want to talk with one of our advisers, we’re always ready to help.