Financial services sector in Scotland
Scotland is one of Europe’s leading financial centres and is internationally recognised as one of the most important UK financial centres outside London and the South East.
The sector is a major employer, employing over 91,000 people directly and over 70,000 in support companies.
The financial services industry is one of the most important in Scotland’s economy, with the sector performing strongly against UK and international benchmarks.
Scotland's competitive advantage
Scotland offers financial services companies some big advantages over other locations:
- Internationally recognised as a financial services location
- Critical mass and expertise
- Low risk option
- World class reference sites
- One of the lowest tax rates in the European Union
- High quality of staff at lower cost
- Lower staff turnover
- High quality property at lower cost
- Lower overheads
- Extensive broadband telecommunications
- Excellent quality of life
We're here to help
We'll support your investment in Scotland every step of the way.
That means you'll have the benefit of expertise and experience to help choose the right location, attract the right staff and find the right contacts.
And we've also got a range of services that can help you get the funding you need to create jobs in Scotland and train new recruits.
All that and low costs and a competitive tax rate.
What's stopping you? Find out about investing in Scotland today:
Get in touch