Scottish companies attending Subsea Asia will explore trade opportunities in Malaysia's rapidly developing oil and gas industry.
Subsea Asia, the biennial conference organised by Subsea UK, is an opportunity to show how Scottish expertise can support changes in the Malaysian oil and gas sector.
We’re keen to highlight a whole range of Scottish companies which are developing world-leading technology in this area, which have the potential to target new opportunities in the global subsea industry.
Neil McInnes, SDI
Malaysia's oil and gas industry is well established but recent increases in demand and new investment have seen the focus of exploration change to more challenging deepwater fields.
Subsea technology will be at the heart of these developments, with investment of £12 billion expected in the next three years.
And, with 40 years of experience in the inhospitable environment of the North Sea, Scotland's supply chain companies are well placed to support these changes.
Subsea sensor technology
As part of the Subsea Asia exhibition Scottish firms will be showing off their expertise in the growing subsea sensor technology sector which combines Scotland's experience in sensor systems and subsea engineering.
Scotland's new innovation centre for sensor and imaging systems (CENSIS) brings together researchers from industry and Scotland's universities to develop solutions for companies working in subsea environments.
And, several of the Scottish companies attending Subsea Asia, are already active in the sensor technology sector and keen to find partners in key global markets like South East Asia.
We can help your company find the right connections in Scotland's oil & gas industry supply chain:
Get in touch
Scottish companies attending Subsea Asia include:
- Bowtech Products - design, manufacture and supply underwater harsh environment vision systems
- Cansco Subsea - pioneered 'Subsea Liquid Intervention' (SLI) and now work in markets around the world
- CENSIS - Scotland's Innovation Centre for Sensor and Imaging Systems
- Hiretech - equipment sales and rental to the oil and gas industry
- Hydro Group Asia - manufactures a range of qualified cable and cable systems, subsea connectors, penetrators and terminations for the offshore industry
- The National Hyperbaric Centre - provides a wide range of services to subsea industry
- NCS Survey - provides high-accuracy rig positioning, construction support and subsea visualisation services to the global offshore market
- Online Electronics - design and manufacture of pipeline pig monitoring equipment and high-tech pipeline data communication systems
- ROVOP - independent operator of ROVs
- Subsea Deep Ocean - design of subsea and downhole control systems and supply of equipment, and in the surface systems that support them
- TUV Nel - provider of specialist technical consultancy, research, development, testing, and measurement services to the oil & gas industry
Explore Scotland's subsea expertise