We're delighted to be showcasing Scotland's world-class oil and gas industry at OTC 2015.
Over 2000 supply chain companies, over 224,000 employees, record international sales and a reputation that continues to grow around the world.
Scotland's oil and gas industry has come a long way in over 40 years of operations.
And, as over 50 Scottish companies and organisations head for Houston, OTC 2015 will offer a fantastic opportunity to explore the vision, experience, innovation and pioneering work that has made Scotland a global player.
The Scotland Pavilion at OTC will be a hub of activity as visitors to one of the world's biggest oil and gas events get the chance to meet some of the best of Scotland's oil and gas industry.
Come and see us at Booth 2063/1 and you'll get the chance to meet:
- Innovative supply chain companies that have helped Scotland become a preferred trading partner for senior industry figures around the world
- Training providers and academic institutions that have helped Scotland become a globally recognised training hub for the industry
- Our partners and public sector organisation that have helped make Scotland one of the most welcoming business environments in the world
A global hub
In 2014 Scotland's oil and gas supply chain companies achieved record export sales of £11.2 billion, with North America remaining our largest market.
Scotland at OTC 2015
Explore Scotland's oil and gas industry, investment opportunities in Scotland and trade opportunities with our supply chain companies at the Scotland Pavilion at OTC 2015.
- Get started by heading to Booth 2063
We look forward to seeing you.
David Rennie, our international head of oil and gas, said:
"Although the figures predate the recent sharp fall in oil prices, it’s important to highlight that the sector successfully delivered another record performance in 2013.
"Looking ahead the sector faces some considerable challenges. Cost efficiency and collaboration will be key in helping to address these, as well as focusing on our competitive advantage internationally, in decommissioning and emerging areas such as digital offshore.
"We are a global hub and we want to remain so for many years to come."
And our recent survey of global perceptions of Scotland's oil and gas industry offered further evidence of our strengths:
- 78% of senior industry figures recognise Scotland's "important" role in the oil and gas sector
- 88% of US respondents prefer working with Scotland's suppliers and contractors
- 74% of senior industry figures consider Scotland as one the world's training ground for the oil and gas industry
- 55% of respondents see their relationship with Scotland growing in the future
Join us to explore Scotland's oil and gas industry
Expertise and experience.
Innovation and support.
Just some of the reasons to explore doing business with Scotland's oil and gas industry.
From our innovative supply chain companies to a business environment that welcomes inward investment, there are huge opportunities available in Scotland.
And OTC 2015 is an ideal way to learn more about us.
Our staff will be on hand to make introductions and guide you through the trade and investment support we can offer international companies.
You'll also get the chance to meet some of the supply chain companies that help drive Scotland's success.
We're sure you'll be impressed - last year Scottish firms were estimated to have secured contracts worth £100 million thanks to their trip to OTC.
We look forward to seeing you
Booth 2063/1 is the best place to start your visit to the Scotland Pavilion at OTC 2015.
You can also keep up-to-date on the latest from the Scotland Pavilion on Twitter and LinkedIn:
SDI on LinkedIn
And, before you come and say "hello," why not take a closer look at Scotland's oil and gas industry:
Invest in Scotland
Trade with Scotland
Got any questions? Get in touch and we'll be happy to help: