Scotland at Gulfood 2014
Scotland is blessed with a fantastic larder of some of the best natural products in the world. This week we'll be at Gulfood in Dubai with 20 Scottish food and drink companies who will be exhibiting their products to the world.
The Scottish Government’s most recent food and drink export statistics show Scotland has seen a massive rise in food and drink exports to the United Arab Emirates. With an increase to US$144.8 million in 2012 from US$142 million in the previous year, the UAE is one of the fastest growing markets for Scottish food in the world.
This week we'll be at Gulfood for our sixth consecutive year and we'll have 20 of Scotland's finest food companies with us who will be exhibiting a wide range of products.
During the show SDI will be hosting an evening reception at the Dhow and Anchor, Jumeirah Beach Hotel’s fashionable British Restaurant and bar, where Tom Kitchin, one of Scotland’s world renowned Michelin star chefs, will be using fresh Scottish ingredients to cook some of his best Scottish dishes for local executive chefs and guests from the retail and food service sectors across the Middle East.
Scottish companies exhibiting at Gulfood 2014
Exhibiting in the Sheikh Saeed Hall at stands S3 B34-50 and S3 C33-49
- Genius Foods: producer of a range of great tasting gluten free, wheat free and dairy free products
- Shortbread House of Edinburgh: producer of a range of quality handmade Scottish shortbread products, oat biscuits and Dundee cakes
- Highland Spring: bottler of pure and refreshing mineral water
- Sephra: producer of chocolate fountains throughout the world
- Summer Harvest Oils: family farm producing one of the finest quality oils
- Mackies at Taypack: producer of ice cream and potato crisps made with locally grown natural ingredients
- Macleans Highland Bakery: a Highland-based producer of indulgent traditional shortbreads and sweet biscuits
- Reids of Caithness: producer of award-winning range of biscuits and oatcakes using the finest Scottish oats and flours
- Supernature Oils: grow, harvest and hand bottle supernatural oil, using a spring variety of oil seed rape
Download our Scotland at Gulfood 2014 brochure
Scottish companies also in Dubai
- First Milk: leading dairy farmer-owned and commercial business with operations across the UK producing and supplying milk and cheese
- Findlaters Fine Foods: producer and supplier of award winning Pate and Pies
- Angelic Gluten free: specialises in a range of free from sweet cookies and savoury biscuits
- Braw Food: producer of pressed gluten free oat and fruit bars
- Wester Ross Fisheries: Scotland's oldest independent, owner-operated salmon farm
- Scottish Bakers Association: promotes and represents the bakery industry in Scotland
- Cullisse Highland Rapeseed Oil: producer of fresh oil
- Aulds: desserts for food service sector
- R&W Scott: hand-crafting the finest quality food products from jams and marmalades
- Braehead Foods Ltd: UK award winning supplier of fine foods & game offering a wide range of speciality products from the world's leading manufacturers.
- Safetray: product design company committed to creating, developing and manufacturing innovative products for venues and operators
Find out more about Scotland's food and drink industry