Scotland is blessed with a larder of some of the world’s best natural food and drink produce. In November 2016, we’ll be hosting a two-part chefs’ dinner and showcase event in Palm Springs, California to show the broad range and quality of Scottish food and drink available in the US.
Part 1: chefs' dinner and showcase
On November 7 at the Westin Hotel, near Palm Springs, we’ll be hosting a multi-course dinner for up to 50 high-profile chefs. The dinner will highlight the breadth and quality of Scottish food and drink products. Before the dinner, a showcase display will allow chefs to review and interact with the ingredients and find out about their provenance and the routes to market for procuring seafood, salmon, dairy, baked goods and premium foodservice grocery items.
Part 2: Westin Scotland showcase
Following the chefs’ dinner, the Westin Hotel will run a month-long Scotland showcase. Westin will incorporate quality Scottish products into menus at its restaurants and hosted events. This will give Scottish food and drink companies, including already US-active businesses, the opportunity to work with the hotel and its suppliers.
Premium Scottish food and drink
Both the chefs’ dinner and the month-long showcase will highlight the very best that Scottish food and drink has to offer. This includes, not just the traditional big hitters such as whisky and salmon, but the full basket of Scotland’s premium products, including:
- Fresh seafood - Scotland’s rich ocean larder will be on show with a variety of products including salmon, langoustine, trout, herring, haddock, halibut and mackerel
- Smoked salmon and other smoked products
- Pheasant, partridge and grouse
- Spirits - including whisky and craft gin
- Scottish water
- Craft beer
- Scottish dairy - including soft, smoked and organic cheeses
- Scottish baked goods - from shortbreads to frozen desserts
- Premium foodservice grocery - sauces, condiments, accompaniments, seaweed
Find out more about Scottish food and drink