Scotland is the ideal location to outsource preclinical and/or clinical research, find drug manufacture and formulation expertise and get easy access to a comprehensive supply chain.
- Accessible locations with proven outsourcing capabilities
- Cost effective and commercially focused processes
- Safe, effective and timely clinical trials history
- Support with regulatory compliance
- A comprehensive value chain
Drug discovery excellence
Scotland is home to Atracurium, the world's best selling muscle relaxant, discovered at the University of Strathclyde.
- Drug discovery consortiums involving the world’s biggest pharma companies such as GSK, Boehringer Ingelheim, Pfizer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Multiple academic centres involved in drug discovery
- Excellence in high
- The European Lead
Compound Library with
capacity for 300,000 compounds supplied by 7 European countries and high quality lead identification technologies
- Nobel Prize winner Sir James Black who developed beta blockers in Scotland
- Serivces from basic research, lead discovery and screening to lead optimisation