Helping you is our job
We're here to support your investment in Scotland.
Scottish Development International (SDI) has a proven track record of helping companies succeed in business in Scotland. SDI is the international arm of Scotland’s enterprise agencies. We can offer significant financial incentives and other assistance to help establish and grow your business in Scotland and worldwide. This can include support to:
- Identify and secure the skills and talent you need
- Train and develop staff
- Finance capital investment, innovation and research & development
- Improve manufacturing and energy efficiency
- Develop leadership skills
Importantly, and uniquely, we offer long-term support to your company through our dedicated account management approach which is proven to help companies succeed, expand and grow.
Scotland is a top European location for global companies and attracts more international investors than any UK region outside London. Over 5,100 overseas companies are already located here, including Barclays, Blackrock, HERO BPO, JP Morgan, Mitsubishi and Morgan Stanley.
Scotland’s strengths include:
- A highly educated and skilled workforce
- A strong culture of research, innovation and creativity
- Easy connections to global markets, including the UK, Europe and America
- Strong, connected infrastructure
- Lower operating costs - can be up to 40% lower than London
- A business friendly environment, including one of the lowest tax rates in the G20
- Enviable lifestyle and work/life balance
Get in touch and let us show you the benefits of the country that Ernst & Young's UK Attractiveness Survey rates as Europe's top destination for inward investment.
Find your nearest SDI office