Historically, Scotland has contributed significantly to the field of life sciences, and in using the collaborative abilities of world-class research and clinical expertise in recent years, Scotland has emerged as a global leader in the field of translational medicine.
Investment potential and opportunities in translational medicine in Scotland
This emerging sector promises to deliver huge commercial benefits, as revolutionary new treatments are developed at the fraction of the cost of traditional methods. Emerging market opportunities in stratified medicine, wellness, and assisted living present significant opportunities in Scotland.
Why undertake translational research in Scotland
Take advantage of our firmly established biotechnology infrastructure, including:
- Leading international researchers
- Translational and clinical science expertise
- NHS Scotland’s centralised healthcare system
- Class-leading clinical research facilities
- Access to national disease registers in key disease areas
- Health database information
- Access to linked ‘cradle to grave’ electronic records
- Integrated approach to imaging technologies
- National education and training programmes ensure governance and EU legislation requirements are met
- Collaboration opportunities
- High-tech research facilities
Scotland is your ideal partner to deliver faster and more effective progress from ‘bench to bedside’. It has proven ability to deliver large and complex collaborative translational projects that meet research, clinical and commercial objectives for key diseases.
More on the investment potential and opportunities in translational medicine in Scotland