Regenerative medicine and stem cell research
Scotland has become Europe’s leading location for the development of stem cell applications by establishing the optimum environment for translating research into therapeutic benefits for patients.
We have a worldwide reputation for excellence in stem cell and regenerative medicine research and development with excellent access to European markets.
This is built on a strategy, involving government, industry and academia working together, designed to support all segments of this emerging market.
8 reasons to choose Scotland for clinical research
Optimise your business success with:
- Proven track record in supporting and implementing cell therapy clinical trials in Scotland
- World class MHRA-accredited GMP ATMP manufacturing facilities
- Access to Europe’s largest and most highly regarded stem cell research hub, supported by a growing commercial base
- Effective collaboration from ‘bench to bedside’ with strong ties between the academic sector, the public sector and commercial enterprise ensure the translation of stem cell research into clinical benefits
- Supportive regulatory and funding environment − this is backed by the highest ethical standards, making Scotland the ideal location to conduct stem cell research
- NHS Research Scotland offers a route for the fast and efficient approval of multi-centre clinical research studies
- Health Sciences Scotland provides a single point of contact to access clinical and research expertise
- The Scottish Research Database Application (SreDA) is a single national database of 5.3 million patient records enabling rapid clinical trial recruitment
Discover more about Scotland's supportive infrastructure