Centres of excellence
Scotland’s home-grown talent and research excellence are recognised globally, acting as a magnet around the world for attracting further investment and talent.
Scotland offers a wide range of manufacturing sites and science and technology parks, all suited to the needs of life science and biotech organisations.
Recent developments in our state-of-the-art facilities have opened up a wealth of opportunities for life sciences and biotech companies looking to invest in Scotland.
- Founded in 2012, BioCity Scotland has become a key centre for a wide range of research, training, events and thought leadership in Scotland's life sciences industry - and the ideal location for start-up companies
- Scotland has 16 Cancer Research UK institutes, laboratories, clinical units or research groups
- The Centre of Reproductive Biology is a WHO Centre of Excellence – the largest in Europe
- Edinburgh is home to Europe’s largest and most highly-regarded stem cell research community
- The Edinburgh Science Triangle is ranked in the world's top 20 science parks and was voted the most enterprising area in Scotland in 2007
The eight science parks in the Edinburgh Science Triangle are:
Science parks on the West of Scotland are:
Watch a video on our YouTube channel to explore investment opportunities at the European Marine Science Park
Scotland ’s internationally recognised bioprocessing research centres include: