The software and ICT (information and communication technology) industries are highly dependent on reliable and fast data communications.
Scotland shares one of the world’s most competitive and reliable telecoms and datacoms infrastructures, with a high coverage of communications, making it an excellent choice of location for a software company.
Key facts about the software industry in Scotland
- The value of Scotland’s software industry is approximately £4 billion
- More than 1000 Scottish-based companies work in the sector
- The industry employs more than 105,000 people in Scotland
- The sector has seen year-on-year sales grow by 10-20 percent over the last 2 years
- Over the past two years the birth rate of new companies has grown significantly