Investing in Scotland's financial services industry
We’re delighted to be able to offer your company help and advice as you consider an investment in Scotland.
Scotland provides a low risk investment opportunity and delivers all the benefits that you would expect from a leading financial centre.
KPMG head for Glasgow
Global professional services firm KPMG are to open a Tax Centre of Excellence in Glasgow's International Financial Services District.
Supported by Scottish Enterprise Regional Selective Assistance funding, the new centre will create over 150 jobs.
KPMG's Craig Anderson said:
"Glasgow faced stern competition from a number of other locations. What won it was a combination of a high quality resource pool and accommodation coupled with enthusiastic and tangible support from local Universities and Scottish Enterprise."
Our investor support page has more about how we can help your business invest in Scotland.
A cost-competitive financial services industry
Investment in the Scottish investment industry can deliver significant financial benefits:
- Staffing – competitive salary rates compared to regional and international competitors
- Relocating - costs involved in setting up are considerably lower than many competitors
- Quality - substantial salary and property do not compromise quality
- Flexibility – labour regulations are among the most flexible in Europe
Support for the Scottish financial services sector
Scotland’s strong financial services industry means we are able to provide a full support network to help your investment succeed:
- Contact centres - 86,000 people are employed within 400 contact centres across Scotland
- Shared service centres - global reach as a shared service centre location
- Workforce – Scotland’s labour pool is ideally suited to your financial services company
- Professional support – extensive support network includes 26,000 qualified accountants
- Scottish Financial Enterprise - the representative body for the financial services industry in Scotland, lobbying for, promoting and supporting the industry
- Scotland’s political environment - supports financial services companies and recognises the importance the sector’s contribution to the economy
How we can help your company invest in Scotland