Your company can receive tailored support that will help you identify export opportunities, carry out market research and establish business relationships overseas.
Our tailored overseas market support can help you:
- Identify export opportunities
- Carry out market research
- Enter new markets
- Establish business relationships overseas including joint ventures, technology transfer, licensing agreements, strategic alliances and collaborative/contract research
What funding is available?
Companies with fewer than 250 employees may be eligible for a grant of up to 50 percent of agreed research costs.
Scottish Development International (SDI) delivers comprehensive overseas market support (including OMIS and EMRS) to Scottish-based companies on behalf of UKTI.
How your company can benefit
We work in partnership with UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and Enterprise Europe Scotland (EES) to provide you all the overseas market support you'll need to research international markets including:
- Funding support
- SDI field office research support worldwide
- In-country visit support from SDI and UKTI commercial officers
- Extensive market research support in European markets from EES
- An overseas market report giving you a snapshot of local market and sector opportunities from in-country experts (UKTI Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS))
- A customised report detailing export and international trade opportunities (UKTI Export Market Research Scheme (EMRS))
- Specific US market development support to help you get a foothold in North America
- Advice on marketing strategies
- Market research reports including information on market size, market structure, trade tariffs, market regulations and business culture
- An international matchmaking service offering your company connections and introductions to potential business contacts and partners
- Help to develop a programme of meetings or market visits that will help assess export potential
- Help to design and develop promotional material to support your company’s entry to an overseas market
The support offered is designed to ensure that your company can develop the strategy, research and contacts needed to export successfully to new markets.
US market development support
More on business opportunities in Europe
UKTI's Overseas Market Introduction Service (OMIS)
UKTI's Export Market Research Scheme (EMRS)
UKTI's Export Communications Review