In-house training is a Smart Exporter service delivered by a specialist consultant which can help improve specific areas of your export strategy and overcome the challenges of international trade.
Even companies with a developed export strategy can face challenges. Exporting can be a complex task and often specialist experience can help your company’s management team through the process.
How your company can benefit
We can contribute funding towards the cost of hiring a specialist consultant to deal with export issues as part of our in-house training service.
The consultant will then deliver a series of in-house workshops to train key members of your company.
What funding is available?
Funding can be provided for up to 50 percent of the costs of hiring a specialist consultant to deliver our in-house training service.
- Access to a highly qualified international trade specialist for up to five days
- Developing the exports skills of your company’s senior management team
- Developing a comprehensive export action plan
- Providing clearer goals for your company’s export strategy
Specific export challenges that could be tackled include:
- How to project manage or quality control large international fabrication subcontract projects
- International communication/marketing skills
- Licensing/franchising deals
- Strategic alliances/joint ventures, acquisitions
- Managing overseas operations
- Managing intellectual property
- Legal, tax advice – setting up overseas operations or exporting to a new market
- Managing supply chains
- Launching a new product range – existing product (positioning)
- International trade finance
Some specific examples of companies that could benefit from this form of support include:
- Companies hoping to set up a factory in China
- Companies planning a joint venture in Kazakhstan
- Companies acquiring another company overseas
- Companies required to project manage/quality control large international fabrication subcontract projects
- Companies managing a portfolio of intellectual property internationally
Is your company eligible?
Companies with an existing international strategy or export plan are eligible to make an application for in-house training funding.
Some services may differ in the Highlands and Islands. Businesses in this region should contact Highlands & Islands Enterprise at email@example.com