Export Week 13-17 May
High Growth Markets
Export Week is a national initiative of inspiring events to offer practical advice on how to go about doing business almost anywhere in the world. Huge opportunities exist for Scottish companies across all sectors in fast-growing markets such as Brazil, Russia, India and China.
Whether you're an SME just starting to think about opportunities beyond the domestic marketplace, or a more experienced operation looking to expand your exports, there's something for you.
We work in partnership with UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) to support Scottish companies like yours to grow and prosper worldwide through our *Smart Exporter programme.
Our international trade experts are on hand to provide bespoke advice. You can also hear from successful Scottish exporters talking about their real life experiences of doing business in other parts of the UK and overseas.
7 Key benefits of high growth markets
- Increase sales by tapping into new and niche markets
- Increase profits through higher margins from economies of scale
- Reduce risk of local market dependence
- Grow your business faster
- Minimise the effect of seasonal sales fluctations
- Be innovative by exploiting technology expertise in foreign markets
- Improve competitiveness through international best practices and smarter ways of doing business
*Smart Exporter is delivered by Scottish Development International in partnership with Highlands and Islands Enterprise, supported by the European Social Fund
What's on guide
Free advice, workshops and guest blogs
The Times Scottish Business Forum: 14 May
The Times has published a special supplement, in association with Scottish Development International (SDI), looking at themes around exporting to emerging high growth economies.
What's in the supplement
- First-hand accounts of how we've helped organisations of all sizes with their exporting plans
- Interviews with members of our GlobalScot network available to help Scottish companies trade overseas
- Recent success stories and new initiatives planned
- Report on our Times Business Forum roundtable discussion on a range of hot topics related to exporting, with representatives from Scottish firms already trading internationally, UKTI, GlobalScots and Highlands and Islands Enterprise
Read The Times supplement
Boost your international business skills
- Discover if your business is ready to trade in international markets
- Learn how to prepare for export and international trade
- Maximise your digital and social media channels to reach and engage with your target audience
- Gain deeper insights into a range of key international trade topics and markets
Register for free training